Take health, drop diseases
Forest Therapy Module:
Diabetes, Thyroidism & Obesity
A)At Sehatvan(Forest Protocol): 10 to 20 days
B)Home Protocol: 3 to 4 weeks (1 or 2 followup visits/calls)
Cancellation (only upto first 2 days of participation)
Rs. 5000/person is deducted and the balance is refunded.
Change of date:
subject to availability and updated fees.
Lifestyle factors leading to obesity often cause insulin-resistance, which leads to over production of insulin or hyper-insulinemia, which then further enhances obesity; and hence, a person suffering from obesity is often trapped in this cycle of insulin-resistance and hyper-insulinemia. In most cases this also precipitates in the form of glucose intolerance or T2 Diabetes. In small number of people lifestyle factors and epigenetic imbalance cause T2 Diabetes without involving obesity.
1. Epigenetic balancing (5 days): Our body’s structure and functionality is encoded in
our genes or DNA. Over and above this encoding, there exists a switching mechanism which
controls the expression of each gene. This switching machine is known as epigenome and
is responsive to lifestyle factors and the environment we live in. This mechanism is
hundreds or thousands or millions of years old and still tuned to the wild setting and
living that existed for most part of human history excepting the past few decades of
rapid modernization. Hence, going back to the wild and hunter gatherer kind of living
quickly reboots the epigenome and fine tunes our genetic expressions. At Sehatvan this
is achieved by:
- Avoiding all mental stimulations and indulgences including Tea/ Coffee, Newspapaer, Phone, Books, Music, Non-essential conversations, Yoga & Meditation
- Soaking in with Sun, Soil and Space in a wild setting and doing a lot of hard physical labor
- Autophagic Cleansing and Rejuvenation (5-10 days): Authophagy is a surprising biological tool that can lead to super cleansing of body and mind followed by their rejuvenation. Since this involves detox, persons may experience vivid symptoms ranging from fever to diarrhea or vomiting to skin rashes depending upon the toxicities stored in them, and hence, autophagy should never be attempted in a city like toxic or non-supportive environment. This should be treated as a major intervention in one’s life and taken only in a pristine and supportive environment. At Sehatvan we recommend water only fasting and mild physical labor during this phase.
- Re-strengthening (5 days): Rushing back to the food and toxic environment immediately after the autophagy phase is a horrible idea. It should be stepped-in in a gradual manner; and hence, one must spend a few more days in a supportive and a pristine environment before moving back to the city. This is a called re-strengthening phase, and under this people return back to a healthy diet in a gradual manner. Also, physical activities are enhanced from mild to moderate to make-up for any muscle loss.
Please send an email to [email protected] to receive.
A drug discovery scientist, he spent over two decades developing new medicines for various pharma companies in India, Europe and America. In 2011 he was invited by The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences at Nobel Museum, Stockholm to represent Southeast Asia. He co-founded a research publishing company ‘Inventi’ in 2010 and a self-healing space ‘Sehatvan’ in 2016.
‘Sahaj Sehat’ series carries the viewpoints of how body’s auto-repair capabilities can make use of medicines redundant in lifestyle diseases.